Mentoring session with Lyn Stone
- Use this order form to securely purchase a session.
- Indicate in the notes some preferred days and times in the coming fortnight.
- Our office manager will try to book you in for one of those times, but failing that, will offer some alternatives.
- We will send you a Zoom link once a time has been agreed upon.
- Have an agenda: Write down all your questions first and put them in order of priority.
- If you have questions about specific students, Lyn can’t do much answering without case history, standardised spelling and reading scores, and seeing their (unedited) writing, so if that’s what you want her to spend time on, do have those things at the ready. Lyn cannot pre-read this information in her own time. The time you booked is the time that Lyn is available to look this information through.
- If you have questions about texts and resources, please specify these at time of booking. Lyn can only comment on resources she has or is trained in. If you would like to send her books to review, you may need to book several hours so that Lyn can read it/them. If you would like her to review games, apps or other computer-based resources, you will need to give her full access and book several hours.
- Mentoring sessions last for 60 minutes. Lyn will not be able to pre-read anything prior to the session. Lyn will not be able to follow up once the session has ended. The time you book is the time Lyn can work on your project.
- If you are late for the session or forget to attend, your booking will be forfeited. You will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstances, so please book carefully and set reminders.
- In the last ten minutes of the session, Lyn will start to wind things up by summarising what you have spoken about and will send any links or documents that have arisen in the session that might be helpful. When the 60th minute has arrived, Lyn will log out of the session.
- If you feel you need more time, you may want to consider booking a discounted package of sessions so that you have continuity. The package link is here.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Science of Learning, Reading and Writing Masterclass 3 (PD461)
Six speakers, six talks and one online course. We have selected the theme of change and a panel of change-makers to speak about how to make change possible. No matter where you are on your science of learning/science of reading journey, this course will help broaden and deepen your knowledge on some of the most important ideas in education.
Join us live on consecutive evenings. You then get to revisit the material in a dynamic online course where you can collaborate with others, consolidate your knowledge and take your time over the material.
Language for Life Segments: Conjunctions – Jan 26 2022 (PD437)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments:
Spelling for Life Online Course
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE UPDATING OUR LEARNING PLATFORM AND CANNOT PLACE YOU ON THIS COURSE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 19TH 2020. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
How to uncover the simplicity and science of spelling.
Spelling for Life is a highly acclaimed internationally recognised teaching and learning program suitable for teachers of middle primary children. Those in special education, speech pathology, homeschooling and educational psychology are also keen participants.
The course, done at your own pace, comprises eighteen lessons in five topics, including video guides, related resources, lesson plans, quizzes and worksheets.