Tutoring for Life half day workshop (PD419)
Tutors are in demand!Lifelong Literacy has grown from a one-person, part-time tutoring business to a full time, 7-person tutoring team in just a few short years. Q. What has caused this success? A. High quality systems and a low-variance approach. We live in times where demand for tutoring is at an all-time high. We have a responsibility to make the delivery of extra support for struggling children the highest quality it can be. If you are considering taking up tutoring, this course will tell you what you need to know in order to deliver high quality Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention. Lyn would like to share her tips for successful tutoring sessions both online and face to face. All activities are aligned with the Science of Reading and the Science of Learning. In this workshop we will cover:
- Memory and processing – what you can and can’t change, including working memory, processing speed and phonological awareness
- How to build a tailor-made bridge to the curriculum for your student using spelling, general and writing knowledge
- Practice and progress: how to coach carers and how to assess and track progress
- Behaviour management and how it saves you time and energy
- Free/low cost, high quality resources
- A way to stand out when applying for tutoring positions
- Improved confidence in your skill as a tutor
- Faster progress for your students
- Access to resources that work
- An Education Strategy Summary template to help plan out short and long term goals
- A spelling, general and writing knowledge manual with tips and worksheets to target these crucial areas
- Suggested scripts and form letters for teachers and carers to help set out behaviour and practice boundaries right from the start
- A certificate of completion for 3 hours of professional learning
- Live via Zoom
- Digital support downloads to keep and refer to forever are included in the course
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Language for Life Segments: Conjunctions – Jan 26 2022 (PD437)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments:
Spelling for Life Online Course
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE UPDATING OUR LEARNING PLATFORM AND CANNOT PLACE YOU ON THIS COURSE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 19TH 2020. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
How to uncover the simplicity and science of spelling.
Spelling for Life is a highly acclaimed internationally recognised teaching and learning program suitable for teachers of middle primary children. Those in special education, speech pathology, homeschooling and educational psychology are also keen participants.
The course, done at your own pace, comprises eighteen lessons in five topics, including video guides, related resources, lesson plans, quizzes and worksheets.