Spelling for Life Live Workshop St John NB Oct 6 2023 (PD498)
WHEN: Friday October 6 9:00am – 3pm
WHERE: Rothesay Netherwood School, 40 College Hill Road Rothesay, NB, Canada E2E 5H1
WHAT: We will cover:
- Orthographic mapping
- Rule-breaking words and the real reasons they do this
- The difference between vowels and consonants
- The Letter Y
- Morphemes and spelling
- All your questions re tricky words and spelling patterns
- A guide to our K-6 Spelling and Handwriting scope and sequence document
Included in the workshop price:
- Morning snack and delicious lunch (dietary needs catered for if possible)
- Optional pre-workshop videos on chapters not covered on the day
- A downloadable handout with printable worksheets to keep forever
- A PowerPoint presentation for immediate classroom use
- An online resources hub containing relevant information, free videos and and links to anything we talk about during the day
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a 10% discount for school teams of over 5 people. Please contact us to enquire.
The book: Please bring your copy of Spelling for Life with you as there will be a guide to the book in the workshop. If you do not have a copy and would like one, you can order one for us to bring to you at the cost of CAD$45. Just email us with your quantity by August 15th 2023 to allow for shipping time.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
What people are saying about Spelling for Life
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Spelling for Life Live Workshop Vancouver Oct 20 2023 (PD500)US$240.00 Add to cart
Reading for Life Workshop May 11 2023 Auckland (PD482)
Get the information you need to help deliver high quality literacy instruction for all students. This accessible guide bridges the gap between research and practice, translating academic findings into practical suggestions and ready-to-use techniques.
Language for Life Segments: Conjunctions – Jan 26 2022 (PD437)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments: